Nutella French toast Rolls – These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are a fun, finger-friendly treat for breakfast or brunch. These portable, and easy to make French Toast Roll Ups are filled with delicious Nutella, dunked into custard, sauteed until golden brown and then rolled in cinnamon sugar goodness!
If you adore breakfast and traditional French toast you will love these mouthwatering Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups. They’re bursting with flavor and are so much fun to eat.They are portable too like these Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins making them an ideal treat to serve at brunch parties.
Just a few common ingredients (that you probably have at home) is all you need to make this delicious treat! I like to utilize white sandwich bread for this recipe but wheat or whole-grain bread also work well.
How To Make Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups
- The process is super simple. First, trim off the crust from each slice of bread. Then get a hold of a rolling pin and flatten the bread slices. No need to sort out your frustrations here – the bread is pretty soft and no much effort is needed.
- Spread each slice of bread with a coating of Nutella. Control the urge to consume everything that’s Nutella on it.
- Tightly roll each bread slice.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla extract and set aside. In another bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each Nutella French Toast Roll-Up in to the milk and egg mixture. A quick dip is all you need! We don’t desire to take up too much of the liquid. Then saute each roll in melted butter until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and roll each roll-up in the cinnamon sugar.
By now, I will guarantee your kitchen smells amazing and you are significantly more than ready to begin eating (that is if you have not already taken a bite of a warm and sugary Nutella French Toast Roll-Up – I understand they’re hard to resist, as hard to resist as this Bacon Cooked in the Oven! Crispy and perfect every time!
These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are amazing independently or dunked into some warm maple syrup. Serve them with fresh berries for breakfast/brunch or being an appetizers at a youngsters’ party.
- You possibly can make these roll-ups hours ahead. To reheat them, put them on a sheet pan and bake them in a 325 degrees oven for approximately 5-8 minutes or until warm.
- Here are some other breakfast ideas sure to please everyone!
Nutella French Toast Rolls
These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are a fun, finger-friendly treat for breakfast or brunch. These portable, and easy to make French Toast Roll Ups are filled with delicious Nutella, dunked into custard, sauteed until golden brown and then rolled in cinnamon sugar goodness! Nutella #frenchToast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 8 white or wheat bread slices
- 4 tablespoons Nutella4 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/4 cup milk1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg (or 2 medium eggs)1 large egg (or 2 medium eggs)
- 2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter3 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)Maple syrup for serving (optional)
Trim the crusts off the bread. With a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread until flattened.
Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Nutella (about 1/2 tablespoon per slice), and tightly roll up the bread slices.
In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
In a separate small shallow bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Dip each Nutella French Toast roll-up in the milk and egg mixture. Place the roll-ups in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, turning them as needed until they are golden brown and slightly crisp on all sides. Repeat until all the roll-ups are sauteed.
Immediately after removing the roll-ups from the saute pan, roll them through the cinnamon-sugar mixture until all sides are coated. Serve them warm with some maple syrup on the side.