Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken – This mouth-watering mashed potato casserole is loaded with creamy mashed carrots and capped with Crispy Chicken Tenders, corn, cheddar cheese, and a drizzle of brown gravy! It’s simple to produce ahead of time and prepare later for a fast household meal
Mashed Potato Casserole
Saturday dinner cooking has been my jam recently, and I am so delighted to be growing my number of casseroles that are an easy task to toss together and can built ahead of time.
Not to mention, if you find yourself with some remaining mashed carrots, then that meal is a no-brainer.
How to Make the Best Mashed Potatoes
Everything from the kind of potato you employ, the method that you steam the carrots, and even to the method that you mash them up is important. Be sure to take a look at my mashed potato recipe for all the info!
- Frozen peas, carrots, corn, and natural beans make excellent plant possibilities in that casserole!
- Prepare do-it-yourself carrots,chicken tenders, and brown gravy. Store each in a different airtight container for 1-2 days ahead.
- Thank the cheese ahead of time and keep it in a tiny storage case in the fridge.
When Ready to Make:
- Heat up the potatoes. (On oven prime or in the microwave)
- Prime with frozen corn, cheese, and chicken.
- Make for 15 minutes.
- Reheat the gravy in the stove or oven top.
- Drizzle the gravy within the casserole and offer!
- Areas could be stored within an airtight container in the fridge and are most useful if used within 3 days.
- You can reheat in the stove or within an range at 350° ;.
- You can also freeze leftovers within an airtight container, it’s most useful if used within 3 months.
Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
This mouth-watering mashed potato casserole is topped with Corn, Cheddar Cheese, Tyson® Chicken Strips, and a drizzle of brown gravy! It’s easy to make ahead of time and bake later for a quick family dinner! #CrispyChicken # Casserole
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 5–6 cups mashed potatoes, my homemade version is portioned for this recipe
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 8 Chicken Tenders, I prefer my homemade recipe but frozen may be used
- Brown Gravy, you can also use a packet
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
If using frozen chicken tenders, let them sit at room temp for about 5 minutes if you prefer to slice them first, this allows them to soften.
Spread the potatoes on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Note: If your mashed potatoes are cold, warm them first.
Top with corn and cheese.
Carefully slice the chicken strips into pieces of desired size and top the casserole dish with them.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes if using frozen chicken tenders and 15 minutes for homemade.
Prepare the gravy on the stove top while the casserole finishes baking.
Drizzle desired amount of gravy over the casserole dish and serve!