While it’s nearly time to begin breaking out the apple and pumpkin recipes, I can’t assist however need to maintain baking with sparkling fruit. Especially while it’s some thing as scrumptious as this lemon blueberry bread.
I at the start posted the recipe for this bread once I first commenced my weblog in 2014. While the recipe continues to be the same, I desired to replace the put up with higher pics and reshare it with you due to the fact that is nevertheless a recipe that I simply adore.
Aside from the truth that this bread is SO scrumptious, it’s additionally easy to make too. You don’t want even want a mixer to make it and it most effective takes approximately 15 mins to put together and get into the oven!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
This lemon blueberry loaf comes collectively with a handful of pantry staples, and it’s crowned with a tangy lemon glaze icing. Here’s what we’ll want to make this lemon blueberry dessert:
- All-reason flour: Stir the flour around, spoon it into your measuring cup, and degree it off with the again of a knife. If you scoop the flour from the container, it is able to end up packed in the measuring cup and you may come to be with an excessive amount of flour, because of this that a denser loaf of bread.
- Baking powder: Helps this lemon blueberry loaf rise.
- Salt: Enhances the lemon taste and balances out the beauty of the batter.
- Oil: You can use any form of oil which you prefer, however the excellent alternatives are canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetens the bread and balances out the lemon juice.
- Sour cream: Along with the oil, the bitter cream additionally offers moisture which enables maintain this bread from drying out. If you don’t have any bitter cream, then undeniable Greek yogurt works exceptional too!
- Eggs: Helps bind the batter collectively.
- Lemon juice and zest: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is excellent. To get extra juice from your lemons, roll them at the counter earlier than reducing them in half.
- Vanilla extract: Adds taste. Pure vanilla extract is excellent.
- Blueberries: You can use sparkling or frozen blueberries. Just make certain to toss them in a bit flour so that they don’t sink to the lowest of the loaf.
- Confectioners’ sugar: Used to make a clean glaze.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
To make the bread, you’ll start off with the aid of using whisking collectively a few flour, baking powder, and salt. For the moist elements, you’ll be the use of a few oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and bitter cream.
Mix collectively the moist and dry elements till they’re simply combined. Toss your blueberries with a bit little bit of flour and lightly fold them in.
Then, simply bake the bread and allow it cool at the same time as you’re making the glaze, that is only a easy aggregate of powdered sugar and lemon juice. The glaze is optional, however this bread isn’t incredible lemony so it provides a bit extra lemon taste.Print
Lemon Blueberry Bread
This Lemon Blueberry Bread is super moist, easy to make, and topped with a delicious lemon glaze. Perfect for breakfast or dessert! #bread #dessert
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Blueberry Lemon Bread:
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil (coconut, vegetable, or canola)
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (230 grams) sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 grams) blueberries + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice (use more or less as needed)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with the 2 teaspoons of flour. Then, fold the blueberries into the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If needed, cover loosely with foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the loaf pan. Carefully remove from the loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze:
Once the bread has cooled, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Start with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and whisk well. If your mixture is too thick, slowly add up to one more tablespoon of lemon juice. You want the glaze to be thin enough to drizzle, but thick enough to set up on the bread. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar as needed.
Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread and spread it around. The glaze should harden up a little more after about 15-20 minutes.
Blueberries: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. If using frozen, you’ll need to add them to the batter frozen (do not thaw). Note that this may increase the bake time by a few minutes.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Bread will freeze well for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: bread recipe