Best-ever Bahama Mamas Luscious blend of fruit juices and coconut rum provides you with a tropical feeling irrespective of how far have you been from the beach. Bahama Mama is just a sweet tropical cocktail that includes coconut rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, touch of grenadine, and dark rum.
It’s hard waiting for a holiday sometimes. Desire to finally relax and sink your toes into warm sand while watching the ocean waves is overwhelming. What can make that vacation dream better still would be to sip on a lovely refreshing cocktail while sitting on that beach.
Isn’t a nice dream? Until that dream can come true, we’ve to depend on porches and backyards, close our eyes, and let our imagination take us away. A very important factor that may help the fantasy would be to sip on this sweet, delicious, refreshing tropical cocktail. This fruity tropical flavor will transport you across the sea to a lovely Caribbean island.
Bahama mama is just a smooth combination of tropical flavors of orange, pineapple, and coconut. No surprise it’s just like a beach vacation in a glass. The presentation also helps set the mood as the cocktail is layered to look just like a sunset. So grab a glass and I’ll explain to you how easy it’s to make!
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS
- Coconut Rum – coconut rums range in sweetness, coconut flavor, and alcohol amount so choose your favorite.
- Orange Juice – to find the best experience choose pulp free 100% orange juice.
- Pineapple Juice – choose canned or bottled 100% pineapple juice.
- Grenadine – observe that grenadine is just a sweet syrup so don’t add an excessive amount of or your cocktail will soon be too sweet.
- Dark Rum – it adds a nice full-bodies spicy dimension to the cocktail to balance the coconut rum.
WHAT LIQUORS TO USE
Coconut Rum – not absolutely all coconut rums are created equal so ensure that you use your favorite. They may be sweeter, stronger, or do have more coconut flavor. RumHaven brand, as an example, is sweet and not strong. It tastes a lot more like coconut liqueur, mild and very sweet. Parrot Bay 90 proof rum has a quite strong coconut taste but it’s quite strong. So make rum selection according to your own personal preference.
Dark rum – this full bodied, spicy, flavor with a hint of molasses is a superb balance to the sweetness of juices and coconut rum.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Ice – add some crushed ice to the glass.
- Pour – pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, and coconut rum to the glass.
- Sink – carefully and slowly pour in grenadine juice next to the inside rim of the glass. Grenadine is quite dense and heavy so it’ll naturally sink to underneath of the glass.
- Float – Slowly pour the dark rum over the top and let it float.
- Stir – you are able to serve Bahama Mama layered because it seems beautiful but it does have to be stirred before drinking. So make use of a straw or a long spoon to stir the cocktail for a few seconds to combine all ingredients.
Best-ever Bahama Mamas
Bahama Mama is a sweet tropical cocktail that features coconut rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, touch of grenadine, and dark rum.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Cuisine: American
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 2 oz orange juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz grenadine
- 1/2 oz dark rum
Add some crushed ice to the glass.
Pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, and coconut rum into the glass.
Carefully and slowly pour in grenadine juice next to the inside rim of the glass. Grenadine is very dense and heavy so it will naturally sink to the bottom of the glass.
Slowly pour the dark rum over the top and let it float on top.
Serve Bahama Mama layered but it does need to be stirred before drinking. So use a straw or a long spoon to stir the cocktail for a few seconds to mix all ingredients.
Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate as most ingredients and brands have a slight variation.
Keywords: rum cocktail, tropical cocktail