Banana Pudding Lasagna – Banana pudding and Nilla Wafers return with memories of my childhood. Grandma and grandpa always a special birthday dinner whenever probably us turned another year older. Grandma will make the special birthday girl or boy their favorite foods – dessert included! I usually prefered chocolatey confections, but my pal loved banana-flavored anything. Not really much bananas themselves, however,if these were encompassed by sugar, Nilla Wafers, and whipped cream, he changed his tune.
I’ve taken my grandma’s recipe for banana pudding pie and altered it somewhat to offer you: Banana Pudding Lasagna!
Begin with start by making the crust – a delicious mixture off crushed Nilla Wafers, butter, cinnamon, and also a pinch of salt. This is the foundation that holds up all of those other sweet “lasagna” of pudding and cookies.
Next, make cheesecake. This includes cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix, heavy cream, and sugar. Yum. After you have your cheesecake filling, it is time to layer within the deliciousness! Spread a layer of cheesecake covering the crust, and a layer of banana slices, and a layer of Nilla Wafers. Repeat this a different time, and top with whipped cream!
Whether banana-flavored desserts undoubtedly are a blast from history or a brand new experience for yourself, In my opinion family and friends will adore this decadent dessert. You’ll love how easily all of it all fits in place! Pop the “lasagna” in the fridge and employ a dessert all ready to go in a number of hours. See how to make easy Banana Pudding Lasagna below!Print
Banana Pudding Lasagna
Banana pudding and Nilla Wafers bring back memories of my childhood. Grandma and grandpa always had a special birthday dinner whenever one of us turned another year older. Grandma would make the special birthday girl or boy their favorite foods – dessert included! #dessertrecipe #BananaPudding
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 2 Hours + 5 Minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Nilla Wafers, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 5 large bananas, sliced
- 48 Nilla Wafers
- Cool Whip for serving
- To make the crust, stir together Nilla Wafers, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of a small, rectangular baking dish.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add in heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes until thickened. Fold the pudding into the cheesecake mixture.
- Assemble the lasagna by pouring half of the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Add a layer of sliced bananas, followed by a layer of whole Nilla Wafers. Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top, followed by another later of bananas and Nilla Wafers.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, until chilled and set.
- Top with Cool Whip, banana slices, and a sprinkle of crushed Nilla Wafers.